Saturday, January 24, 2009

A very serious situation

I have been having thoughts on a very serious issue. Abortion. I would love to say that I was one of those people who knows whats right in that situation. I would love to have a clear and decisive opinion on the matter. I am a Catholic and we all know that group has an extremely clear and decisive thought on the matter. I do honestly believe in my faith and a lot of what the religion is built on, in these days things are so political it's hard to keep up with what is really and truly a fundamental part of your religion and what is just the new catch phrase. I think that sex is something that is not taken very seriously these days, it's approached in an almost nonchalant matter and that deeply bothers me. For something with so many possible consequences few people put that much thought into it. I have a friend who is very very anti-abortion. She goes to the rallies and she shows up outside the clinic to wave signs and yell at the women going in. She always encourages me to go but I never can. I don't think it's right, these girls who make the decision to abort have enough going on without having complete strangers carrying on. I have two very different thoughts on the matter. First(if I was in that situation) I would want to say to all the people who are so against abortion and who condemn the thought that fine, I won't have the abortion but then you sit up with me every night and help me take care of this baby and you help me pay all the costs that go into raising a child. I know so many would bring up adoption and while I know that is a very real and possible choice and that it does help so many children , however I just can't help but thinking about all of the boys and girls that are already in the system who can't find loving families........who stay in the system until they are old enough to provide for themselves. On the other hand though I think far to many young women go about with out thought in their lives and find themselves in this situation and say oh well guess I messed up, let me just have this little procedure done and fix it. Then they go back out and continue on carelessly with their lives. Yes, there are girls who make a mistake and this is the only option for them but I don't know that the majority of the ones having it done are like that. I know quite a few women who have had more then one...it's an easy fix for some. Being a parent is a hard road, be it with a partner or by one's self and I think if a child is in the equation when it's not a good time for it the child suffers the most. So I guess in the end I don't have an answer and you never can have a truly knowledgeable answer until you are in that situation. This was just a bit of randomness..........today is Saturday and I am off to go a-hunting for some antiques and whatnot. Wish me luck because I have been in a bit of a slump.


1 comment:

  1. I hope that you found something fabulous. This was a very thought-provoking post. Like you, my faith dictates that I should be anti-abortion. And I am, at least for myself. But I can't bring myself to believe that I should make that choice for other women.

    ReplyDelete