Friday, August 26, 2011

Just another sleepless night

So I'm sitting here, still awake at....well I won't mention what hour.... watching Jimmy Carter quotes on youtube. On the sidebar there are all kinds of videos of people booing our president and his wife. Now let me preface this by saying I am not an Obama supporter. I realize that he walked into a mess and it would be unrealistic of us to expect him to snap his fingers and have it all fixed, buuutttt I also think that a lot of his campaigning was focused on him dangling things in front of us that we were never going to have. At least not during his term in office. I was also highly offended by the Obamas stating that they lived in a "small bungalow" in Chicago, when it's really a three story traditional home. Anyone who's ever tried to purchase or rent decent real estate in Chicago knows there is no such thing as a multistory bungalow. Any who, I watched a few of these and am just shocked beyond words. In one case Obama is talking about a lady with breast cancer and her horrible insurance situation and some boy(really an apx 28 year old) has the nerve to start trying to boo and shout over the president! I mean really! If you don't like the president that's all well and fine but how about you show a little basic decency and respect for the seriousness of the conversation. Last time I checked this was not an open floor debate for you personal thoughts.(hello that's what blogging is for..duh) Not to mention why are you somewhere Obama is speaking if you don't care to hear what he has to say? Didn't his mama teach him THE RULE? You know..if you don't have anything nice to say then keep your mouth shut!(usually delivered with a firm tap on the behind)


See I'm thinking back to the time I was at a circus and this kid behind me had this big plastic sword. He kept wackin me in the back of the head with it(he should have been wackin his mama.....I bet she would have put an end to it then). Now I'm wishin I would have been seated behind this loud mouth with said sword. I think he needs a few wacks..you know just to remind him of his manners.


The other video that floored me was when Mrs.Obama was at some sporting event and when she was introduced an entire section of the stadium booed. WHAT IS THAT? Who boos a lady in public? I might not like their politics but I appreciate the fact that Mrs.Obama is always appropriate. In this age of pantie-less displays and out right vulgarity I appreciate some lady like mannerisms. Who are these people acting like heathens in public and why did nobody ever teach them how to act?


I have said it before and I will continue to say it. As a parent your job is to make your child into a productive, well adjusted, successful adult. It is possible to have a good relationship with your child without being "best friends forever". My mama frequently tells me that I'm going to be a "mean mommy" because of my lack of tolerance for certain things. Like bad manners, there is simply no excuse because good manners are taught and learned not some genetic mutation. School is going to be another sticking point for me. If I am willing to sit down with you and help you and work with you then you sure as all get out better be willing to put in an equal amount of effort. I know that my future children won't always be perfect but they will only know what you teach them and what they glean from the outside world. The parents are the only defense and stable building blocks they have and if you are going to have the kids then it's your responsibility to do right by them.



Ok stepping off my soap box and going to bed now....nighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment